Kinjo Sushi Restaurant
Canadian chain Kinjo Sushi approached us to create an enticing mobile app-based loyalty program that would increase customer retention and boost sales for their restaurant. Here’s what they did!
With six locations across Calgary, Kinjo Sushi & Grill has been serving up delicious sushi, seafood and various grilled delights to hungry Canadians for nearly 15 years.
All six restaurants are quite spacious, with an abundance of seating and open-plan kitchens that are situated in plain sight of diners. Customers can also order Kinjo Sushi & Grill for home delivery.
Kinjo restaurants boast a fun, lively atmosphere and the chain is renowned for its bluefin tuna shows, sushi making classes, painting classes, fundraisers and various other events. The brand is heavily involved in the local community, and offers catering services as well.
The primary goals that Kinjo & Stamp Me strived to achieve with the digital loyalty program were to:
- Motivate customers to make repeat purchases from the restaurant
- Keep the Kinjo Sushi & Grill brand front-of-mind for existing customers
- Strengthen the emotional connection between the business and its customers
- Reward loyalty in a way that is convenient for both the restaurant and the customer
- Offer a seamless and cohesive loyalty program experience across all six restaurant locations simultaneously
- Digitally engage customers with fun competitions and other exclusive promotions
- Send targeted communications directly to customers’ mobile devices
Kinjo Sushi Restaurant
Loyalty Program Works
The Kinjo Sushi & Grill loyalty program rewards diners for regularly patronising Kinjo restaurants.
Customers earn a stamp for each $20 spent.
After collecting 5 stamps, customers are rewarded with a “special pokey” and after collecting 10 stamps, they receive a $20 gift card to put toward future purchases.
The interim reward at stamp 5 keeps the customer engaged with the program as they work their way towards the major reward of a $20 voucher.
Customers can accumulate and redeem points at any of the sushi chain’s numerous locations(Learn more about operating our loyalty program across multiple locations).
How Rewards are Redeemed
Upon signup, new members are prompted to enter their date of birth, which entitles them to a special sushi roll for free on their birthday each year.
Kinjo also uses our built-in Scratch & Win feature to offer customers instant prizes, such as the chance to win a trip to Tokyo.